80/20 Rule hasan@tuscan-me.com June 23, 2023

80/20 Rule

The idea behind the 80/20 Rule, which is also known as the Pareto Principle, is that only about 20% of the causes or inputs are responsible for 80% of the results. Human resources is one of many fields and industries where this principle can be used. The 80/20 Rule can be interpreted in a number of different ways in HR.
First and foremost, the 80/20 Rule states that a small number of high-performing employees are responsible for a significant portion of an organization’s productivity and success. Most of the time, around 20% of the workforce is usually responsible for the majority of the company’s successes. As an HR professional, it is essential to identify and nurture these top performers, motivating and developing the remaining 80% of employees, as well as providing them with opportunities for growth and recognition.
Second, time management in HR functions can be addressed using the 80/20 rule. It suggests that administrative duties, compliance, and day-to-day operational activities may consume approximately 80% of the HR department’s time and resources. On the other hand, strategic initiatives, talent development, and other high-value HR activities only get about 20% of the time. HR professionals can work to correct this imbalance by streamlining processes, automating repetitive tasks, and delegating responsibilities to free up more time for strategic initiatives that can have a greater impact on the success of the company as a whole.
Last but not least, when resolving conflicts or disputes among employees, the 80/20 Rule can also be taken into account. Around 20% of employees are responsible for the majority of HR issues. To address their behavior or performance, these individuals may require additional support, coaching, or disciplinary measures. HR professionals can effectively manage and resolve employee issues, resulting in a more harmonious and productive work environment for the majority of employees, by identifying and concentrating efforts on this crucial group.

People also look for

Start Free Trial

Schedule a Demo !